How to Find the Perfect Swimsuit for Your Body Types
By: Robb Ksiazek
Finding the best swimsuit is something that we all struggle with! Who hasn’t
tried on every style and tried to figure out which ones are the best and hide a
little of this or that? This article will take the guess work out of shopping
and make finding that perfect fit happen a little easier. Think of al the time
you’ll save in the dressing room next time your shopping.
The first thing to do if you are shopping for a swimsuit is to identify your
body type and what areas you are trying to conceal. Depending on which swimwear categories
you fit into, try the techniques and tips listed below for the best look.
- Try a skirted suit if you have more of a pear shaped body. You’ll be
surprised how fun some of the latest skirted suits look – they aren’t as
matronly as they once were!
- Vertical detailing on top: try on suits that draw the eye to the top of
the swimsuit to look longer and leaner. For instance if the suit is all black,
try on one with the design up at the top.
- Try straight necklines to broaden shoulders and balance out proportions –
this will give the illusion of a more hour-glass shape.
- If you have a wider waist, try using a belt or stripes around the waist
- Even though most people think it will draw attention to the midsection, it
will actually clinch your midsection and make at appear smaller.
- Stay away from prints – solid fabrics are the most slimming.
- Streamlined lines along the sides – light colors down the sides give the
illusion of a smaller waist.
- Give them lift by trying padded close together cups to enhance a small
- Try different prints – some lines and designs can actually enhance and
make you appear curvier.
- If you can’t do under-wire and padding, try shorter straps to pull you up
and fill you out.
- Try high straight bustlines. They conceal and help you look more
- Try a swimsuit with larger straps. They offer more support and cover side
- Try tankinis and
bikinis. They offer a lot of support and lift.
Long-Midsection or Short Legs:
- Try a higher cut leg – it gives the optical illusion that your legs are
Finding the right swimwear can be a difficult task for anyone, regardless of
body style. With a few simple ideas, you’ll be able to get a stylish suit that
flatters even the body parts that you are most concerned with.